Localization of economies, democracy and resilience requires that we be/get "Grounded" - reconnected to place, planet and each other. In the old "normal" it was difficult to imagine stopping air travel. Today, it is much easier to imagine. The climate, planet and creatures need the new normal to look dramatically different from the old normal. NOW is our moment of opportunity.
The Backbone Campaign Team and allies held a 1 hour conversation with Winona LaDuke and Bill McKibben on this CoViD-19 moment and its relevance for decarbonization, localization, and system transformation. Check it out! Then take action to #ReMakeTheWorld and let's get #Grounded.
As poet Diane de Prima says: (from the poem Rant)
(3x) "THE ONLY WAR THAT MATTERS IS THE WAR AGAINST THE IMAGINATION"
(then) "ALL OTHER WARS ARE SUBSUMED IN IT."
Keeping fossil fuels in the ground very likely requires keeping airplanes on the ground. So...
- What can activists and change agents do to illuminate and animate imaginations and support bold climate actions to keep airplanes #Grounded?
- What can solutionaries do to build the vision for infrastructure decarbonization, access and resilience that better serves everyone?
- How can organizers deepen their localization to increase our political power #Grounded in local resilience?
- Might #Grounded be a meme for the paradigm battle ahead?
- We've used the slogan "Keep it in the Ground," is it time to keep planes "On the Ground"?
- Isn't our local resilience organizing all about getting #Grounded in local power and community resilience?
CoViD-19 is a terrible disease - but let's not squander this opportunity to slow down, decommodify, decolonize our time and our lives and re-indigenize to protect the places we love. If you appreciate this interview, please pitch in to support our creative activism and solutionary organizing at:
Check out and support the great projects of our guests and allies:
Winona LaDuke HonorEarth.org 8thFireSolar.org WinonasHemp.com
Bill McKibben BillMckibben.com 350.org
Bill Moyer BackboneCampaign.org SolutionaryRail.org
Andrea Vidaurre CCAEJ.org
Roberto Clack WW4J.org
Anthony Rogers-Wright ClimateJusticeAlliance.org
Michael Foster ClimateAssembly.us