Solutionary Rail is a PEOPLE-Powered infrastructural proposal that requires a broad grassroots alliance to make it happen with the public benefit components in tact. That is why it is ESSENTIAL that people like YOU understand the key aspects and that you invest in this compelling, positive, and doable proposal.
Solutionary Rail proposes a strategy for shifting the economics of rail AWAY from dependence on moving heavy fossil fuel commodities and freight for exclusively large shippers to diversified high value freight. It is our compelling "YES!" - an entrirely doable vision that provides a win/win alternative to evergrowing unit trains of coal and explosive oil.
Solutionary Rail describes how a publicly financed and owned electrification and transmission infrastructure could augment the private rail infrastructure to speed up and increase efficiency of freight and passenger rail in order to draw freight and people off highways and airplanes and back onto the tracks. Increased speed and a capacity means better service to communities and producers all along the tracks.
Public ownership of the electrification infrastructure addresses the obstacles for private railroads who won't invest in that aspect of the needed infrastructure despite it resulting in cleaner more efficient trains due to:
- higher cost of private capital - AND -
- the property tax burden they'd have to pay on any improvements they owned
Solutionary Rail create synergies that unlock restraints on the build out of distributed renewable energy production by opening corridors for renewable energy transmission and a customer for distributed renewable energy produced by communities, utilities, tribes, rural electrical cooperatives and farmers across rural America.
Solutionary Rail is NOT a corporate giveaway but a partnership that invigorates the our transportation and energy infrastructure, creates jobs, and serves private and public interests with the mandates that:
- secure minimum crew sizes and labor conditions for safer trains and better jobs
- return of scheduled freight and service to underserved communities
- green the electricity used to power the trains
- requires resolution of easement issues on tribal land
- AGAIN - This is a PEOPLE-Powered infrastructural proposal, requiring a broad grassroots alliance. It is ESSENTIAL that people like YOU understand the public benefit aspects and invest in this compelling, positive, and doable proposal.
PLEASE make a meaningful donation and claim a thank you gift HERE