(Click here to skip to the "ASK" in the video.)
Thanks to our friends at the Climate Rail Alliance, Washington State Legislators are hearing about a transportation-based climate solution - the restarting of the Amtrak Cascades Long Range Plan (LRP).
You can significantly move this forward by sending emails to the 3 elected officials in your district!
What are we asking for?
- State funding to update the Amtrak Cascades Long Range Plan, and
- State legislators to work with WSDOT to request that Federal Railroad Administration grant programs be generously funded by the federal government.
Note: We need for an agency official (from WSDOT, for example) to request that Senator Cantwell and Senator Murray ensure that adequate funding is included in the Federal Railroad Administration discretionary grant programs that can fund state passenger rail service via grant awards.
Why are we asking for this?
The Amtrak Cascades LRP can deliver a proportionate, achievable and impactful transportation solution for our State. And it can serve as a Solutionary Rail pilot project, a huge step for lowering greenhouse gas emissions, tire and air pollution, congestion, wear and tear, and much more.
Can you help by contacting your elected officials today?
1. Send this letter ("Legislative Sponsors Needed") by email (download the Word file, then copy and paste) to each of your legislators.
- Not sure who your legislators are? Find out with this easy tool.
- Prepare an email with your legislator's email address ([email protected]). More address info is HERE.
- SUBJECT LINE: Legislative Sponsors Needed for Federal / State Fiscal Requests for Amtrak Cascades Long Range Plan
- Body of the email (cut and paste) is HERE
- Edit to add your specific information - then send!
2. Please use the Feedback Form below to let us know that you have successfully sent the email(s).
Thank you for taking action - for our climate, community mobility, jobs and economic recovery.